In this episode, we will talk about what I call the Disney narcissistic parents – about their behaviour when they are with the kids, the effects of that on our children, and the responses it triggers in us. We will talk about dealing with this kind of narcissistic parents, which is one of the most challenging parts of co-parenting with a narcissist.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
– What is a Disney narcissistic parent and how we can identify them
– Why it is so triggering for us to deal with this behaviour in co-parenting with a narcissist
– Why our kids misbehave when they are with us and never when they are with the narcissistic parent
– How The Tolerance Ladder can help us understand our kids’ behaviour
Although it might be extremely challenging to co-parent with a narcissist, we must focus on teaching our kids values, showing them love, ensuring a secure connection and installing a healthy sense of self in them. The Disney narcissistic parent will flood them with expensive toys, new cell phones or video games, but none of that can compete with the kind of relationship we can offer to them based on trust, love and a deep connection.
– Join my Narcissistic Trauma Recovery Programme https://go.carolinestrawson.com/heal-the-trauma-of-narcissistic-abuse
– Join my Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/thriveafternarcissisticabuse
– Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/carolinestrawson/
– My website: https://www.carolinestrawson.com/