Today, we will talk about a topic that can be quite triggering. We will talk about intimacy while in a relationship with a narcissist, and we will look at lack of sexual desire from a trauma-informed perspective. To explore this topic, I’ll be fully vulnerable and share some of my own experiences with my ex-husband, and how I navigated these issues.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
– How looking at intimacy with a narcissist from a trauma-informed perspective can help us better understand our reactions
– Why we must understand there is nothing wrong with ourselves when our body rejects intimacy with our partner
– What I learned about myself and my relationship with sex in my previous marriage
Understanding that frigidity, coldness, or lack of sexual desire are nothing else than our protector parts activating body responses to a perceived danger changes everything. Rather than thinking it is a conscious choice or something wrong with us, we must know that these reactions to sex are parts of us doing their job, which is keeping us alive.
– Join my Narcissistic Trauma Recovery Programme https://go.carolinestrawson.com/heal-the-trauma-of-narcissistic-abuse
– Join my Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/thriveafternarcissisticabuse
– Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/carolinestrawson/
– My website: https://www.carolinestrawson.com/