Today I’m sharing with you a fantastic conversation with Ross Rosenberg, a psychotherapist, international speaker, author, professional trainer, and expert on codependency, narcissism, gaslighting, and sex addiction. He owns The Self-Love Recovery Institute (SLRI), a personal development and professional training company.
Ross provides enriching and life-changing educational courses, seminars and retreats world-wide, and is considered by his peers to be an expert in the mental health, social service, and child welfare fields. His educational material draws on his own codependency recovery coupled with his 32 years of experience as a psychotherapist.
Ross’s YouTube presence has catapulted him to global prominence. His 145 educational videos have been viewed over 16 million times, with a subscriber base of more than 165,000.
Since publication, Ross’s book “The Human Magnet Syndrome” has remained an Amazon bestseller, having sold 100,000 copies. Its global application is demonstrated in its 7 foreign editions. It provides cutting- edge information/explanations for why a person spends a lifetime falling in love with the wrong person, who feels so right, but who is incredibly harmful to them. It gives a fresh perspective about the codependent’s predilection to repeatedly fall in love with pathological narcissists, and why they remain with them despite the myriad of consequences they experience. “The Human Magnet Syndrome” explains why people fall in love with a soulmate but awaken to a cellmate reality. Since the book was released in 2013, it has been an Amazon best-seller, ranking between 8K to 20K of 9 million books. It is recognised as a codependency treatment staple within the mental health and addiction fields.
In this episode, Ross shared brilliant insights about responsibility, codependency, children moulded by narcissistic parents, and core shame. We talked about his definition of codependency, and how it was a game changer for so many people after finding an explanation that made sense for them.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
– The victim’s connection with responsibility and the band-aid therapy
– Ross’ journey of dealing with narcissists in his life, and how he managed to overcome his challenges
– How many types of codependents there are according to Ross, and the difference between them
– What is the human magnet syndrome
– What is a relationship template, how it is created, and how it works
Ross’s definition of codependency is revolutionary, because it offers a simple explanation of the condition. After we have an answer, we can make a choice to address the problem and neutralize its cause.
Connect with Ross Rosenberg:
– Find Ross on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/rossrosenberg_slri/
– Visit Ross’s YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/clinicalcareconsult
– Book: Ross Rosenberg – The Human Magnet Syndrome: The Codependent Narcissist Trap: Surviving Narcissistic Abuse https://www.amazon.com/Human-Magnet-Syndrome-Codependent-Narcissist-ebook/dp/B07D99945P/