The third and final interview segment with Sam Vaknin is perhaps the most triggering, as we discuss the concepts of victim, victimhood, and being victimized by a narcissist. We also analyze Sam’s view on victimization and victimhood as new social trends and part of the tribalism we live in nowadays.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
– What happened to us is not what we are
– Why people idolize, perpetuate, and glamorise being a victim
– The danger of the self-styled empaths
– How to love yourself, trust your gut, and not abuse your abuser
When we grow up hearing things like we are not good enough or our parents find us helpful only as victims, then our self-esteem is low and we understand there is no other way than victimhood to get favourable outcomes from our environment. However, in order to heal, we must allow ourselves to be loved for who we are, and not for what happened to us.
– Malignant Self-Love: Narcissism Revisited by Sam Vaknin