In today’s episode, we will talk about future generations and narcissism. We will explore and analyze kids’ trauma responses to being with a narcissist and the best ways to help them deal with it.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- The importance of breaking the trauma cycle and teaching self-love to our kids
- Parallel parenting as the best choice for co-parenting with a narcissist
- The fourth trauma response to narcissistic abuse
- Why our kids choose to misbehave with us
- The best response we can offer to our angry children
When our kids come back to us aggressive or angry, we must see them through the trauma-informed lens. We need to understand them, show them love and compassion, be supportive and make them feel that we see them and hear them. Our kids misbehave with us because we are their anchor. We must be aware of that and build our relationship with them from that place.