This episode is about the controversy around the diagnosis of a narcissist and its medicalisation. Should narcissists be medicalised? And if they should, how does it affect those who’ve been involved with a narcissist?
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- The problem with medicalisation of a certain problem
- Why Complex PTSD doesn’t go away with a sense of retribution
- The beauty of hindsight in the context of a relationship with a narcissist
- Why moving forward knowing the narcissist won’t change is a powerful step
- How narcissism has a lot more traits than the 9 from the DSM
As a society, we are conditioned to look at the symptoms and there is not much space for considering the root cause. That’s what is happening with narcissists as well. The root cause gets overlooked, and the abuse suffered by the narcissist’s victims remains unacknowledged. But the solution might lie in looking at narcissists through the trauma lens.