One of the narcissist types that is hardest to identify is the covert narcissist. Today we will go through a covert narcissist’s behavioural traits, the ways they get their narcissistic supply, how that makes us feel, and how to deal with that behaviour.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- What happens when a narcissist agrees to go to therapy
- Why covert narcissists are so hard to identify
- How they act like they are the victim
- The spiral effect of nobody believing our story
- How to bring the power back to yourself
- Why you should stop worrying about what other people say
When we think about a narcissist, the first image that comes to mind is an arrogant, entitled and overly confident individual. But a covert narcissist is quite the opposite, they will portray themselves as a victim who suffers constant abuse. We need to be aware that they can turn people who know us against us, and be ready to deal with that.