This week we talk about the possibility of curing a narcissist, and what we can do to make our situation better. Is it possible at all to get beyond their protector parts, and heal that wounded inner child that is responsible for their narcissistic behaviour?
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- What the real chances are of curing a narcissist
- How a covert narcissist turns things around and gaslights us
- The lack of ownership and of sense of responsibility in narcissists
- The difficulty of helping someone who thinks they don’t need help
- How to be compassionate towards the narcissist and still keep them accountable for their behaviour
As narcissists are a product of a childhood trauma, it is okay to be compassionate and empathetic. We might be able to help them only if they recognize they have an issue, but that most likely will never happen. We need to accept that it is impossible to help someone who doesn’t acknowledge they need help.