Today we talk about the three stages of our healing process when we are divorcing a narcissist. We go through our priorities in stage one; sorting out the legalities while starting to heal in stage two; and recognizing that healing is a lifelong journey in stage three.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- Safety is #1 priority when divorcing a narcissist
- The triangle of divorcing – legalities, finances, and children
- How to be gentle with ourselves when we start our healing process
- The pitfalls of thinking of healing as a destination
- Understanding post-traumatic growth and how it affects us
Divorcing a narcissist is tough, especially if you have children. However, if we focus on our safety, on our healing process, and avoid re-traumatizing our mind, we can go through it. What we need to do is not beat ourselves up, and create a healthy ecosystem around us to help us heal.