In this episode, I want to talk about the different parts of you, that may be stopping you from healing from narcissistic abuse.
In working with my clients, I use an evidence based parts therapy called Internal Family Systems, and ’m going to explain what it is and how it can help you heal.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- Internal Family Systems and the concept of True Self
- Two main types of Protector parts – Manager and Firefighter
- How physical conditions can play their parts
- How we can change the roles of the parts to start healing from narcissistic abuse
- How you can create a map of your parts to become aware of them
- What is reconsolidation of memory
Working with parts as I explained them here can help you update that younger part of you, so the roles of the Protector parts won’t need to be so reactive, proactive or destructive, and you can start healing from narcissistic abuse.
Join my Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/thriveafternarcissisticabuse
Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/carolinestrawson/