Many times people are saying to me ‘Caroline, I just struggle getting out of bed in the morning, and I know I should be doing x, y, and z but I just haven’t got any energy, and I feel weak and ashamed.’ In this episode, I want to help you try and lift some of that guilt and shame off yourself.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- How our body and our nervous system works
- The Polyvagal Theory and the ladder analogy
- The roles of the ventral vagus and dorsal vagus
- Freeze trauma response and the root of your overwhelming fatigue
- How limbic system therapies like Brainspotting or EMDR can help you
So if you’re feeling tired all the time, really take a look. Is that a trauma response? Because if you’re healing from narcissistic abuse, know that it’s not you being lazy or weak. It’s just your normal natural nervous system response, it’s your body trying to protect you.
- Join my Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/thriveafternarcissisticabuse
- The Polyvagal Theory by Stephen Porges https://www.amazon.com/Polyvagal-Theory-Neurophysiological-Communication-Self-regulation/dp/0393707008/
- The Polyvagal Theory in Therapy by Deb A. Dana https://www.amazon.com/Polyvagal-Theory-Therapy-Interpersonal-Neurobiology/dp/0393712370/