In this episode, I want to talk to you about the 4 trauma responses when we talk about narcissistic abuse. Many of you have heard about fight, flight and freeze, but there’s also a fourth one that’s lesser known – fawn or appease. So let’s go through each of these four, and see if you can resonate with any of them.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- What happens in our brain when we perceive danger
- What is fight response and what is behind the anger you feel
- Flight response and how it connects with anxiety
- Freeze response, depression and survival mode
- Fawn or Appease response and why it is typical for narcissistic abuse
Can you recognize those trauma responses in your behavior? Which ones were you in the most? Were you like me? Let me know!
- 001 Why Narcissistic Abuse is Trauma https://www.carolinestrawson.com/001-why-narcissistic-abuse-is-trauma/
- Join my Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/thriveafternarcissisticabuse