While talking therapy does have a place in the recovery process, in this episode I’m going to explain to you exactly why talk therapy alone can’t heal narcissistic abuse.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- Complex PTSD and why it so difficult to heal
- The benefits and limits of talk therapy like CBT and DBT
- Why you need a therapist who has been through the trauma of narcissistic abuse
- Why talk therapy can access only 10% of your brain and what to do with the rest
- How talk therapy can sometimes actually make you feel worse
- How EMDR and Brainspotting therapies work
Wherever you are on your healing journey, please make sure that you are getting the right treatment for you. Look for a therapist who has been through what you have been through, and who is using brain-body based somatic psychotherapies, so they can help you shift in the part of the brain where the trauma is stuck, because if you don’t do that, you could be in talk therapy for years.
- Episode 003 What is Complex PTSD https://www.carolinestrawson.com/003-what-is-complex-post-traumatic-stress-disorder/
- Join my Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/thriveafternarcissisticabuse