Today I’m talking about the family dynamics of narcissistic abuse, and the different roles that occur within a family. In particular, I want to talk about the scapegoat within the family when you have a narcissistic parent.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- What is a scapegoat?
- Why narcissistic mothers are particularly harmful to a child
- The examples of scapegoating within a family
- How scapegoating affects a child’s beliefs about themselves
- Why narcissistic personality disorder cannot be cured
- How you can heal your children by healing your own codependency
I’m a big believer that when you heal yourself you heal the next generation. So just because your children have a parent that is a narcissist does not mean that they will be a codependent or a narcissist. You can break the cycle of scapegoating, you can heal, and the reason I know that is because that’s exactly what I did.