When we talk about narcissism, we talk about the two main categories of narcissists – overt and covert narcissists. You know that person who walks into the room, has a sense of grandiosity and commands the attention? That’s an overt narcissist. But today I want to focus on the other type, the covert narcissist, and why I believe it’s the most dangerous type of narcissists.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- Why covert narcissists are difficult to recognise
- How to spot passive aggressive behaviour
- Self-criticism or shyness as possible traits of a covert narcissist
- The false sense of self and the childhood wounds of narcissists
- Why narcissists never seek a therapist
- Envy, jealousy and false empathy
- How covert narcissists present themselves as victims
- Focusing on yourself as the first step in healing from narcissistic abuse
So let me know – do you have a covert narcissist in your life? Can you relate to anything that I’ve covered in this episode?