Narcissistic abuse isn’t just some bad breakup or somebody being mean to you. This is actual trauma. In this episode I want to explain what trauma is, and to educate you on what exactly narcissistic abuse is.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- The definition of trauma
- Why narcissistic abuse is trauma
- The 4 trauma responses: fight, flight, freeze and fawn
- Why our perception is key in triggering a trauma response
- The origins of trauma responses
- What codependency is
- How to start healing the trauma
Although narcissistic abuse is trauma, it doesn’t need to define you. I want to help you find meaning in it, so you can go on and not just heal your trauma, but you can actually thrive after narcissistic abuse.